Should the Price Hike Of Petrol & Diesel Really Bother You?
Petrol and Diesel has become a crucial part in our day to day life and now we can’t imagine our lives without it. But petrol and Diesel prices are escalating and eventually going to affect our day to day life.
The hike in petrol has obviously sent shock waves to the common man, who is trying hard to make both ends meet. If we look around, all are affected with the rise in the prices, but in comparison to higher wages salaried class, the low wages or fixed salaried middle class are affected more with the hike in petrol and diesel prices.
So what are waiting for? For the situation to get worse or waiting for such a heroic person who’ll bring out of this situation.
Well NO, we have to stop blaming the government, and have to take initiatives of our own to control the situation and think how to solve it.
So, let’s look for something which is in our hands and we can overcome the havoc of the hike in the prices of petrol and diesel.
Steps To Ensure Good Mileage For Motorcycle
With great mileage comes a great ride.
You should follow these guidelines to enhance your motorcycle’s mileage
- Drive at steady speed.
- Maintain correct tyre pressure.
- Adjust drive chain tension correctly.
- Get your engine tuned and motorcycle serviced regularly by a Hero MotoCorp authorised workshop.
YOU SHOULD NOT
- keep the clutch lever pressed while driving.
- run the engine in low gear for long times.
- park your motorcycle under direct sunlight as it causes evaporation of petrol.
- keep brake pedal pressed while riding.
- raise the engine rpm during traffic halts, switch “OFF” the engine if the halt is more than 30 seconds.
- cover inlet of air filter assembly.
- cover the engine in the front and sides. This may restrict the smooth air flow to the engine fins required for air cooling and the engine may run at a higher temperature.
Vehicles which do not undergo a periodic maintenance are liable to emit exhaust gases more than the permissible limit.
Few Important tips to maintain low emission levels:-
- Clean spark plug and maintain specified gap between electrodes.
- keep the air filter clean.
- Get the carburetor tuned at authorized Hero MotoCorp Workshop.
- Do not overfill the engine oil and follow the replacement schedule.
- Avoid use of adulterated fuel.
- You should get the emission level certified once every 3 months at any of the authorized emission checking centres.
Steps To Ensure Good Mileage For Cars
You should follow these guidelines to enhance your car’s mileage
- Maintain the optimum tyre pressure, increasing it by 2 psi over normal also helps.
- Reduce the unladen weight in the car, by removing unnecessary luggage
- Get the car regularly serviced, keeping air filter, spark plug, fuel filter and injectors clean
- Gently accelerate, gently slow down
- Shift gears early to increase fuel economy. Drive in the correct gear to avoid flooring the accelerator and straining the engine.
- Drive at the optimum speed, not exceeding about 60-70 kmph depending on the car
- Switch off the engine if you are going to be idle for more than a minute
- Reduce AC use if possible
Hope this article was helpful for you.For more such information, auto news and reviews stay tuned with Mechnotechs and follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.